John Breslo The Breslo Law Firm
8426 East Shea Boulevard
Scottsdale AZ 85260
Telephone: 480-389-1994
Telephone: 888-339-9875
Fax: 480-240-9325

Accidents and Injuries FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Law

Arizona Accident Help Center



What steps should I take after an automobile accident?

Immediately after a car accident, contact the police. An officer will come to take a report of the accident, which can be helpful in a future personal injury case. Then, seek medical help — getting medical help now is important not only for your personal injury case but also for your health. Even a seemingly small injury can lead to years of pain and recovery costs.

You will also need to contact the insurance company to report the accident. This should be a brief conversation where you give straight facts about the date and time of the accident.

Finally, contact our law firm for a free consultation.

Do I have a valid personal injury claim? What if I was partially responsible for causing the accident?

In order to recover compensation for your accident injury, you will need to show that you were injured, that your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence and that there is money available, such as insurance, to cover your damages.

If you caused part of the accident, you will not be able to recover full damages, but you may still be able to recover some money. Scottsdale personal injury attorney John C. Breslo can honestly evaluate your case for you and help you decide what steps to take.

How much time do I have to bring a personal injury claim?

Generally, you have two years from the time of the injury or date of your loved one’s death to file a personal injury claim. However, we recommend contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident. The sooner you bring a personal injury claim, the sooner you can recover compensation for your injuries. Acting quickly also helps preserve evidence, which often supports injured victims’ claims.

I would rather not bring a case against the driver who caused my accident. What should I do?

Many kind people are injured daily by the negligence of others. We understand that it is hard for you to bring a claim against someone else, especially when the other party probably just made a mistake. Yet, in most cases, your case will be brought against an insurance company, not against the person who caused the accident. Unless the other driver has acted criminally, you won’t have to send him or her to jail or force him or her into bankruptcy. Instead, you will be asking for money from a large and wealthy insurance company — money you will need on the road to recovery.

Why should I hire a lawyer for my personal injury case?

Insurance companies deal with accident claims every day. They know how to make a low settlement appear adequate. They know how to spin stories. A personal injury attorney can help you level the playing field and ensure that your rights are protected.

At The Breslo Law Firm, in Scottsdale, Arizona, we offer compassionate and experienced representation to clients injured in a wide range of personal injury accidents. John C. Breslo is an aggressive trial attorney who has handled countless cases against large insurance companies. You can trust him to protect you as well.

How much money will my personal injury case cost?

The Breslo Law Firm takes cases on a contingency fee basis. We also advance the cost of the case. This means that you will not have to pay for our services unless and until we win a personal injury settlement or verdict for you.

Contact Our Scottsdale Personal Injury Lawyer

If you have been injured in a serious accident, turn to Scottsdale personal injury attorney John C. Breslo. We offer free initial consultations, can visit your home or hospital, and are able to accommodate clients who speak Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese and other languages. Contact our law office at 480-779-4660 . We are conveniently located just off Loop 101 in Scottsdale.